"It's not about ideas. It's about making them happen" Unknown
A patent is an exclusive right granted for an invention. In other words, a patent is an exclusive right to a product or a process that generally provides a new way of doing something, or offers a new technical solution to a problem. To get a patent, technical information about the invention must be disclosed to the public in a patent application.
At Nims Super-specialty Hospital & NIMS Medical College (National Institute of Medical Sciences) research is the way of life and thus a number of patents are being filed regularly. There is a well-organized eco system to support and promote the process of patenting and IPR. Inventions are one of the most important things that happen in a person’s life. An invention is usually a novel or specialised device, technique, composition or procedure. The invention process is usually a long process in a lengthy technological development and ongoing process throughout an entire lifetime. It can be an original improvement on an already existing product or technique or even a new method for producing a product or some result. There are different types of inventions, each having its own unique characteristics. In Nims Super-specialty Hospital & Medical College, we constantly file a number of patents for the ivnentions we do. Below are few patents recently been filed by Nims Hospital:
1. Ambulatory Cervical Traction and Stabilization/ Immobilization System: Submitted (202111031657 TEMP/E1/35399/2021- DEL 1760 24597)
2. The Concept of Side Illumination in Vehicles During Night-Time Driving on a Single Carriageway or Undivided Highway and Development of a Side-illumination Device for the Vehicles to Enhance Visibility and Prevent Accidents. Submitted (202111031656 TEMP/E1/35388/2021- DEL 1600 24597)
3. A Novel Closed Surgical/ Medical Gown-Glove System for Preventing Communicable Diseases or Surgical Site Infections. Submitted (202111031655 TEMP/E1/35394/2021- DEL 1600 24597).
4. Development of FlexiRigid Semiautomatic Endoscopic Ventriculo-Peritoneal Shunt Passer. (202111031654 TEMP/E1/35190/2021- DEL 1600 24597)
5. Devlopment of Ambi-drive Vehicles. (202111031650 TEMP/E1/35398/2021- DEL 1600 24597)
6. Magnetic repulsive force used as a distraction device to treat the osteoarthritic knee as an alternative for prosthetic knee replacement. (202111031651 TEMP/E1/35405/2021- DEL 1600 24597)
7. Dental implant with a self-expanding screw to increase the bone grip (purchase) and prevent the loosening/ dislodgement of the implant especially in thinned out bones. (202111031653 TEMP/E1/35417/2021- DEL 1600 24597)
8. Dental implant with Radial Blades to increase the bone grip (purchase) and prevent the loosening/ dislodgement of the implant especially in thinned out bones. (202111031649 TEMP/E1/35412/2021- DEL 1600 24597)
9. Dental implant with interlocking screws to increase the bone grip (purchase) and prevent the loosening/ dislodgement of the implant especially in thinned out bones. (202111031653 TEMP/E1/35417/2021- DEL 1600 24597)